Consultancy “Product owner, COVID-19 project” to support COVID-related activities within CPA
The consultant will be contracted from 1 December,2021 till 30 September,2022
To support the MOH efforts, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) awarded a contract for Safe, Affordable, and Effective Medicines for Ukrainians (SAFEMed) to Management Sciences for Health (MSH) (September 2017-August 2023). SAFEMed applies health system-strengthening best practices to create evidence-based interventions and strengthen Ukraine’s pharmaceutical system in line with the MOH’s health care reform objectives. SAFEMed has three primary project objectives working in unison towards achieving sustained epidemic control given constraints related to COVID-19:
1) Strengthening governance within the pharmaceutical sector of Ukraine
2) Optimizing the financing of the pharmaceutical sector
3) Increasing the availability and appropriate use of medicines in Ukraine.
SE “Medical procurements of Ukraine” (herein after – CPA) is one of the key stakeholders in Ukraine responsible for the national COVID-19 response. Specifically, CPA as a procurement agency, purchases and supplies of medicines, PPEs, vaccines, medical devices, and other equipment to support country’s response to COVID-19 pandemic and its implications. Moreover, CPA’s MedData system has been used for daily reporting on hospitals’ needs in medicines and PPEs, provision with oxygen and ventilators, and a number of patients hospitalized. From the beginning of the vaccination campaign, MedData has been also used for monitoring stock levels of COVID-19 vaccines at national, regional, and site level. The MOH has authorized CPA to create a national COVID-19 vaccine registry that will be a directory of all information about vaccines used in Ukraine and will be used to implement vaccination certificates that are recognized internationally. It will include information on all vaccines authorized for use in Ukraine and elsewhere, the regulatory agencies that approve the given vaccine, and which countries have authorized use for each vaccine. In PY5, SAFEMed will continue to support further enhancements to MedData, development of the registry, and then maintain it to improve logistics management of the many different types of COVID-19 vaccines including the data flow among relevant government agencies.
The main goal of the consultant is to support CPA in the implementation of a broad set of activities aimed to facilitate COVID-19 activities led by MOH, CPH, and CPA. The consultant will serve as a product owner of the COVID-19 project within CPA and will define the vision of the project, manage a product roadmap, and a product backlog, collect clients’ needs, and prioritize them based on available resources and stakeholders’ objectives, and eventually monitor progress of the activities
· Organization of work on COVID-19 project in CPA.
· Organization, control of development and implementation processes.
· Communication with stakeholders and determination of their expectations.
· Creation of the vision of project development and transformation.
· Aggregation of business needs.
· Preparations of reports regarding COVID-19 information.
· Making sure the users are trained and ready to use the tools (when it is needed).
· Mapping customer journey, identify customer needs and level of satisfaction
· Complex system for data collection, analysis and reporting for COVID-19 tools in frames of MedData
· Major data flows and business-processes digitized
· API integration scripts to ensure new tool’s compatibility with MIS’s and other systems as needed
· Master data synchronized (integrated) with other IT-solutions in healthcare
· Users are fully aware, trained and using implemented IT-systems (when it is needed)
· Create and support a technology enhancement plan to improve the customer experience
· Higher education in the fields of IT, finance, engineering, management, medicine or other relevant field
· Work experience of at least 3 years of leading complex transformation projects, major IT systems implementation and/or project management
· Knowledge of relational databases (MySQL)
· Understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
· Experience in common third-party APIs
· Ukrainian – fluent, intermediate English
· Strong Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Docs
· Strong problem-solving skills
· Excellent analytical skills
· Self-sufficient and motivated to deliver tasks independently
· Well-developed communication skills
· High level of motivation and proactive civil position
Monthly reports on deliverables status. Report directly to SAFEMed Principle Technical Advisor on Supply Chain.
Duties performance location
Kyiv, Ukraine, CPA office/remote with no business trips.
Qualified candidates may apply to the address: ВІДПРАВИТИ РЕЗЮМЕ The position is open till filled. Past performance references would be an advantage. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.