JOB TITLE: Technical Officer, Pharmaceutical Governance
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Pharmaceutical Governance (PG) Technical Officer reports directly to the Pharmaceutical Policy and Governance Senior Technical Advisor and supports the project around the activities of the workstreams covering essential medicines list, health technology assessment, quality, pricing, and reimbursement of pharmaceuticals as well as improving access to the essential medicines.
The PG Technical Officer will support the Pharmaceutical Policy and Governance Senior Technical Advisor to adjust activities the project pivot from a pharmaceutical/supply chain system strengthening project to support humanitarian efforts in response to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine. This will include providing administrative and programmatic support as the project adjusts strategic activities for creation of a positive list, creation of HTA Agency and patient engagement towards understanding and analyzing the situation on pharmaceutical market and improving access to the medicines in circumstances of war-related manufacturing and logistic challenges. Additionally, the technical officer will assist in coordinating communication with stakeholders, and organizing and reporting on stakeholder meetings. S/he is expected to support technical advisors while they work with the national players, including the Ministry of Health (MOH), State Expert Center (SEC) and its HTA department, the Central Procurement Agency (CPA), the Center for Public health (CPH), and the National Health Services of Ukraine (NHSU) as well as pharmaceutical industry associations, patient organizations, hospitals and other health care providers. The incumbent will support the administration of collaborative activities with the stakeholders that are designed to improve overall ecosystem with respect to pharmaceutical policy, governance and financing.
The PG technical officer, while providing general support to the Pharmaceutical Policy and Governance Senior Technical Advisor and Technical Advisor to implement activity plan with respect to improving availability and accessibility of essential medicines in Ukraine, will also assist in ensuring timely and accurate reporting to the project leadership and USAID through regular quarterly and annual reporting of the relevant workstream activities. S/he will support organization of online (offline where possible) stakeholder events, take minutes, oversee registrations and attendance, report and facilitate overall communication through the events. TO will review literature or other country examples when necessary to provide input to ongoing activities, prepare presentations, reports and conduct pricing calculations or analysis when necessary, review government websites, as well as provide other relevant support for the successful implementation of the project activities.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION:
Required: Bachelor’s degree in medical or pharmaceutical sciences or degree in health economics
REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE:
Required: At least 2 years of work experience as a medical doctor, pharmacist, staff of public authorities or elsewhere within health sector, or in health development or systems strengthening project.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
· A good command of English and Ukrainian language (oral and written).
· Expertise in qualitative and quantitative research methodologies preferred.
· Prior experience working with the key national health institutions (mentioned above) a plus
· Experience and track records working in a cross-functional environment.
· Results driven and high level of attention to details.
· Strategic mindset.
· Excellent presentation skills, oral and written communication preferred.
· Strong teamwork orientation and interpersonal skills.
· Proficiency using Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
· Functional competencies: Highly motivated, resourceful, and results driven. Ability to gather and analyze information to support data drive decision making. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
· Ensuring delivery of results: client focus, managing and measuring work, information sharing, priority setting, and problem solving.
· Core personal competencies: ethics and values, integrity and trust, sound judgement, ability to work in a team-oriented environment; excellent listening, and written communication skills.
· Core MSH competencies: adaptability, communication, problem solving, creativity and innovation, timeliness of work, quality of work and team relationships, resource utilization.
· Travel requirements: Availability to travel domestically as needed estimated not to exceed 20% of time.
· Keyboard use, Pulling drawers, Lifting papers <10lbs.
Interested and qualified candidates are welcome to apply their CVs and motivation letters in English only to:
The vacancy is open till filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Recommendations letters will be considered an advantage.