Scope of Work for Junior Consultant
Young Professionals “Jumpstart” Initiative: February 1st, 2022 – January 31st, 2023
Health Policy Priority Setting Support
Health policy priority setting is a key focus for SAFEMed and encompasses the development of methods, tools and processes for the prioritization of health technologies to invest and further relevant decisions around introduction and use of technologies. This includes improving Health Technology Assessment (HTA) capability in Ukraine along with the governance and institutional structures required to operationalize the concept. The Ukrainian Ministry of Health developed many structures, including HTA, to make sure right medicines are prioritized for public coverage through state-of the-art methods; Essential medicines list is continuously updated and rationalized; and the decisionmaking processes are transparent, evidence-based and structured.
Following the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine’s approval of the HTA Procedure in December 2020, institutionalization of HTA gained further momentum in Ukraine. The SAFEMed Project will continue to support capacity building around HTA, use of HTA at different levels of decision making –including hospitals-, creation of a positive list of medicines through public funds, supporting patient engagement in decisionmaking and bringing in stakeholders together to facilitate discussions around best implementation models for local context based on international practices.
Scope of Work:
· Support activities in line with the HTA Roadmap;
· Support activities in the project annual implementation plan within the health policy priority setting work stream
· Support activities related to creation of the positive list for the medicines
· Conduct literature search or work on relevant data review and analysis for certain clinical or policy questions when needed;
· Support capacity building activities, organization of webinars, stakeholder events etc.
· Other duties as assigned
· Regular update on activities, achievements and timelines in the HTA Roadmap
· Creating reports of capacity building events
· Analysis and report on medicines with respect to positive list creation
· Reports on literature review or data analysis for certain clinical or policy questions on EML
-A graduate degree in medicine or pharmaceutical sciences;
-An excellent command of English and Ukrainian languages (oral and written);
-MS Office (MS Word, Powerpoint, Excel);
-Proactive working style;
-Adaptability and flexibility;
-Excellent oral and written communication skills;
-Collaborative approach and team spirit;
-Productivity and accountability;
-Ability to analyze, process and synthesize a big amount of information and data;
-Fast learner and open mindset;
Interested and qualified candidates are welcome to apply to: ОТПРАВИТЬ РЕЗЮМЕ Please, send your CV and motivation letter in English. Past performance references would be an advantage.