JOB TITLE: Technical Advisor, Medical Procurement Systems
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Technical Advisor for Medical Procurement will support State Enterprise “Medical Procurement of Ukraine” (CPA) by organizing the process of centralized and decentralized procurement of pharmaceutical products. S/he will work closely with the CPA, Ministry of Health (MOH), Center for Public Health (CPH), pharmaceutical industry, SAFEMed’s Contracted agencies, and other related Stakeholders. The Technical Advisor will take a proactive coordination lead, creates trust, and builds strong partnership and a positive communication environment to ensure timely and duly implementation of the projects, related to but not limited to CPA governance and capacity development. Produces ideas and initiatives to facilitate productive engagement of all stakeholders in order to meet the deliverables as per the working plan of the given project implementation year but is not limited to it; s/he proposes new ideas for future development plans of CPA through SAFEMed’s assistance and support. The Technical Advisor also provides technical assistance to CPA in the field of pharmaceutical procurement, storage, and distribution management, especially around the HIV and TB state procurements engages in building sustainable capacity of CPA through contributing to the development of training plans and liaising with relevant partners.
DEPARTMENT: SAFEMed Project LOCATION: Kyiv, Ukraine
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Public Health, Pharmaceutical Supply Chain Management, Pharmacology, Medical management, or equivalent education.
· Master’s Degree in medicine, pharmacy and or relevant discipline with background in public health or related field.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EXPERIENCE:
· Five years of experience in public health programs or related to pharmaceutical management experience.
· Experience in pharmaceutical management with an emphasis on procurement, supply chain, warehousing, and logistics is preferred.
· Experience in providing technical assistance in public health programs/projects especially supply chain management programs implemented in Ukraine by international organizations.
· Experience working in Ukraine with MOH, CPH and similar level organizations in the field of healthcare, HIV and TB programs, and governance.
· Experience with USAID-funded programs, and other international medical NGOs.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
· Strong organizational skills and ability to work in a team-oriented, culturally diverse environment.
· Knowledge in supply chain areas, warehousing, logistics, quantification of preferably TB and HIV procurement systems and procedures, public health, and governance.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills, training experience, ability to identify and resolve policy and operational constraints, generate ideas and solutions.
· Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills in English / Ukrainian.
· Demonstrated intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
CORE JOB COMPETENCIES:
· Functional competencies: Highly motivated, resourceful, and results driven. Ability to gather and analyse information in order to make appropriate decisions. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
· Ensuring delivery of results: client focus, managing and measuring work, information sharing, priority setting, and problem solving.
· Core personal competencies: ethics and values, integrity and trust, sound judgement, ability to work in a team-oriented environment; excellent listening, and written communication skills.
· Core MSH competencies: adaptability, communication, problem solving, creativity and innovation, timeliness of work, quality of work and team relationships, resource utilization.
Travel requirements: Availability to travel domestically and internationally as needed estimated not to exceed 10% of the time.
Keyboard use, Pulling drawers, Lifting papers <10lbs.
Interested and qualified candidates are welcome to send their CVs and motivation letters IN ENGLISH ONLY using the following link and clicking the Apply button: https://msh.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External/details/Technical-Advisor—Medical-Procurement-Systems_R2029?locations=9e0382c2239301c167dc19385e065b12&timeType=89cbb713a88a01ed8db1a57a2507830
In case you encounter difficulties in applying by the above-mentioned link, please, contact MSH at: ВІДПРАВИТИ РЕЗЮМЕ
The vacancy is open till filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.