One of the leading global branded pharmaceutical company is announcing a vacant position for Medical Head to be accountable for the creation of the functional Medical strategy for the country and ensure its execution by leading all clinical and medical aspects of in-country activities and all associated resourcing and performance aspects. Medical Head has high impact in medical innovation and success of new launches in Ukraine.
Reports directly to Country Head. 3 people in direct subordination.
• Higher medical education is considered, but Advanced degree (PharmD., MD, PhD) is preferred
• Fluent English
• Working experience as Medical Head within branded pharmaceutical company is a must
• Medical and scientific and clinical understanding, with very high level of learning agility
• Extensive experience in a leadership role in the pharmaceutical industry
• Deep understanding of drug development and approval processes, including experience designing and/or executing clinical studies
• Scientific/medical research experience with demonstrated record of scientific/medical publication desirable
• Excellent understanding of local, regional, and country regulatory standards and processes, as well as relevant (country-specific) ethical and legal guidelines. International/global experience desirable
• Inspirational leadership, management and planning skills, demonstrated ability to effectively lead and coach scientific/medical professionals, as well as business-oriented colleagues, at all skill and knowledge levels
• Focus on innovation, with courage
• Strategic thinking, with business acumen
• Building high performing team
• Setting x-functional collaboration on the synergy
• Agility to change and learn fast
• Superior interpersonal, communication, negotiation, and presentation skills.
• Long-term medical strategy for the country regarding all scientific, medical and clinical aspects in line with Global, Regional and Country/Cluster needs. Ensure optimal pre-launch preparation and market readiness at least 2 years prior to launch
• Medical Excellence: Lead the local Medical Affairs teams, develop overall direction and priorities and ensure execution via performance objectives and metrics (tracking of all medical activities etc.). Ensure the effective deployment, training and work execution of both the field medical associates (MSL) and Medical Advisors.
• Ensure effective talent management (together with local HR) and that the appropriate competencies and the right organizational structures are in place to execute the Medical strategy for the country. Ensure increase in business acumen and joint value creation among medical teams
• Ensure compliance adherence in all medical activities and quality in the execution of all medical-related business practices on a country level; provide medical expertise to other functions.
• Ensure close cross-functional collaboration with key internal stakeholders including Patient Access, GDO/ Regulatory Affairs and Patient Safety to support patient access to companies’ medicines.
• Plan, execute and interact with key external stakeholders and represent company at key external scientific, clinical and medical events to support evidence-based research in the relevant Therapeutic/Disease areas
• Scout and identify innovative ideas, medical-business collaboration with external stakeholders in the medical and related area to drive business acceleration, set up new projects and/or events
Company offers a competitive salary rate, social package (including car, insurance etc.), ability to work with well-known products, personal and career development.